Health & Safety
Our Hotel’s Commitment on Health & Safety
We are committed to putting the safety and security of our guests and team members as our number one priority. Prior to making a reservation and arrival at Wayfarer Santa Barbara, we recommend all guests review the most up to date federal, state and local traveler guidance to confirm eligibility to travel & stay at our hotel.
The California Department of Public Health is mandating that face coverings be worn state-wide in applicable circumstances including entering any indoor public space. For your safety and the safety of others, face coverings are required throughout our hotel.
Our hotel is Clean + Safe Certified by the California Hotel & Lodging Association.
We are taking the following protocols for your safety:
A Heightened Deep-Cleaning and Sanitization Process
- Hand sanitizing stations located throughout the hotels in high-touch areas including, but not limited to entrances, exits, elevator landings, lobbies, restaurant entrances, meeting spaces, pools, spas and exercise areas.
- Utilization of sanitized guest room key cards and/or digital key cards.
- Guests will be provided with hand sanitizer and pre-wrapped masked (if necessary) upon arrival.
- Sanitizing wipes are available for high-touch areas.
- Increased frequency of sanitizing high touch areas including, but not limited to elevator button panels, handrails, door handles, entry doors.
- Electrostatic sprayer to be utilized during guest room cleaning and public/common areas.
- Adjustments made to food and beverage service in accordance with social distancing and current food safety recommendations.
- Stringent cleaning and sanitizing protocols will be used to clean guest rooms including electrostatic spraying, a comprehensive electrostatically charged cleaning method.
- Increased disinfection efforts and heightened focus on high-touch areas including, but not limited to television remote controls, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches.
- Guest rooms will be cleaned prior to arrival with clean room door seal notification to indicate room has not been accessed since being thoroughly cleaned and sealed.
- Decluttering of guestroom and removal of reusable items from guest rooms including, but not limited to coffee service, minibar offerings, iron, ironing board, collateral, pen, paper, and directories.
- Coffee makers, irons and ironing boards are available upon request to allow enhanced cleaning of items.
- Guestroom bath amenities and remote controls will be wrapped after sanitization.
Checking In & Out
- Front desks will have temporary plexiglass barriers installed for added protection.
- During check-in, guests are provided a COVID-19 fact sheet with hotel policies regarding distancing and personal protective equipment.
- Integration of text messaging engagement platforms for contactless requests and inquiries.
- Contactless check-out now available via text message.
Keeping Each Other Safe
- Social distancing markers placed on the floors to encourage proper distancing of queuing guests.
- Complimentary faces masks will be provided.
- Discontinued valet parking services.
- Pool Reservations
- The Swimming Pool is open to guests by reservation upon arrival, to allow for proper social distancing and heightened cleaning requirements.
- Heightened focus on sanitizing and spacing of furnishings in high traffic areas including lobby, pool, fitness center, restaurants, etc. to meet distancing requirements.
Team Member Protocols
- All team members have received mandated training on COVID-19 safety, sanitation and response procedures.
- All hotel Team Members will be provided with masks, gloves and protective eye wear as required while continuing to provide exceptional hospitality services.
We look forward to welcoming you soon and thank you for your continued loyalty and support.